exhaust port?

Old 08-27-07, 10:22 AM
exhaust port?

I have a 2001 weedeater featherlite plus with a poulan 21cc engine on it. it starts fine but when i go to give it gas it doesnt want to and usually dies. ive read the other threads on this problem. i was wondering if someone could tell me how to find the exhaust port on mine. all i can find is 2001 poulan motor.serial no.01136N700220-1.i dont see a model no. on it it has a sku no.952711432. im wondering where to start taking it apart for the exhaust port. it will start usually but no excelleration .

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-07, 10:30 AM
It could be a clogged muffler. The exaust couldn't be to hard to find. Feel around with your hand to feel where the hot air comes out.

Old 08-27-07, 11:40 AM
exhaust port

The muffler is the easiest part to find (itís the very >> ((( HOT ))) << box mounted right on the side of the cylinder.Take this off and the exhaust ports is right behind it.It could also be the spark arrestor, glogged. The screen mounted on or inside the muffler.

Old 09-01-07, 08:35 AM
Smile exhaust port

your right,it was a stupid question ,i had a brain cramp .i knew better sometimes my curiosity or whatever takes over when common sense should privail.thanks for your help gentlemen.

Old 09-01-07, 04:21 PM
Roeboatl
Don't let it stop you, I have asked some questions on this forum that really sounded dumb after I re-read them and I have posted some solutions to problems that really sounded(and were) stupid after I read them. The object is to put the problem/solution out there and let those who read make their own decision. Have a good one. Geo

Old 09-02-07, 07:49 AM
thanks,i needed that.