info needed for tecumseh SBV 5735A

Old 08-30-07, 04:10 PM
info needed for tecumseh SBV 5735A

Hey all
I've got a Tecumseh engine with only a tag on the block SBV 5735A and I am looking for some type of reference number to be able to order engine parts. There is no other numbers on the starter shroud or else where. Even the tractor it came off of has no numbers left on it either. I hope someone out there may have some info for me so I can order the parts I need to rebuild it.
I've been to the local small engine dealer and I even looked through their books but nothing and on their parts lookup the block came up but with obsolete rings and no listing on a head gasket etc. etc.

thanks
snoman

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-07, 05:12 PM
Here's what I can tell you. The "SBV" stands for Short Block Vertical. This is a Tecumseh engine. A link to the parts list for the shortblock is http://www.partstree.com/parts/ Click on the Tecumseh logo and you'll come to a list where you'll click on "4 cycle shortblocks". You'll then find your SBV number and you can see the list of parts for it and only for the shortblock parts. Unfortunately it does not nor can I find any other info on which this shortblock fits up to. And, the individual parts, listed for the shortblock, are used on many different engines but most appear to be 6-horse and under engines used on walk-behind mower applications. You say you can't find the engine ID numbers but i'll bet they're stamped into the blower shroud just above the three head bolts that hold such to the engine. You may need some Scotchbrite to clean the area but i'd be sure they're there.

Old 08-30-07, 05:16 PM
That id number references a short block (SBV = Short Block Vertical), I am not sure if you can find anything other then the parts listed for the short block itself with this number, I will see if I can find anything else out.