Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Rope cord replacement help

AL

09-06-07, 09:50 PM   #1  
Rope cord replacement help

Hi,
My mower's been running great thanks to your forum, but went to start it and the rope just broke when I pulled the handle. I got a new one and am trying to fix--took off the plastic cover, removed the bolts but there's several more unknown items that I need to unscrew or maybe remove with an L wrench--I tried some I had but didn't fit. I need to remove the remaining cord & seems like that's the only way to access that area.
I am inserting a picture link that hopefully shows what I'm referencing.
Any help appreciated--thanks!

Scotts Model# 29995X8B Code 9194M
3 in 1 mulch/bag/side discharge
6.5 hp I/C Briggs & Stratton Intek Edge OHV
all condition turf vac
3 speed rear wheel drive
Briggs & Stratton model# 121602-0121-E1
Serial# 990604FA

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-06-07, 10:04 PM   #2  
Those are rivets. Don't remove them...they aren't supposed to come off. Remove the gas tank so you can access the engine cover, and remove it. You can replace the rope from there.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

09-07-07, 02:07 AM   #3  
FYI, there are four total screws holding the tank in place and there is one, hard to access, screw just behind the fuel outlet fitting. You'll then need to remove the one screw holding the oil fill tube/dipstick in place before you can lift off the starter assembly/flywheel shroud by way of four screws holding such in place.

Search this Thread