B&s Intec Fuel Shut Off

Old 09-08-07, 11:10 AM
B&s Intec Fuel Shut Off

I've Always, 6yrs. Had Problems With Fuel Starving In Hot Weather,88 Degrees And Higher. After 20 To 30 Minutes The Motor Starts Coughing Due To Fuel Starvation. I Use Penns 10w30 Syn. Oil And Believe Pressure Is Ok Since Its Been Doing This Since Birth And Runs Fine In Cool Weather. Lots Of Use And Still Burns No Oil. Starts And Runs Good. The Tubing Between Valve Cover And Switch Seems Weak So I Put Wire Around It At The Switch And Clamped It Down. Also Replaced Switch. Now Unrelated, I Think, Its Got A Ticking Sound Coming From Muffler, I Think, Tried The Broom Stick Stethyscope And Can't Hear The Tick. Hope Its A Loose Part In Muffler. Motor Shows No Sign Of Anything Wrong.

Somebody Help Me.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-07, 11:18 AM
First we need Model, Type and code numbers usually on the engine schroud. Have a good one. Geo

Old 09-08-07, 11:30 AM
B&S INTEC fUEL SHUT OFF

B&s Model 407777 In Poulan Mower

Old 09-08-07, 10:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The tubing between the "valve cover and switch" has me scratching my head. I'm not sure what you're describing there.

Have you cleaned the carburetor?

Old 09-09-07, 05:43 AM
Perhaps the cooling fins are plugged up with grass debris and overheating the engine and then developing either a valve train issue, an ignition issue, or a vaporlock issue with the fuel system. If you suspect this then you'll need to remove the blower shroud and have a look at the fins.