Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

looking for opinions about product

IL

09-08-07, 07:39 PM   #1  
looking for opinions about product

anyone have a poulan pro gas trimmer model ppb250e. im just wanting some more opinions on this model if possible.thanks. on getting parts anything.

Sponsored Links

NY

09-09-07, 06:39 AM   #2  
I've never seen this model nor can I find such on the Poulan website. Just what information are you looking for? Whether to buy one or not? Finding parts for one you already own?

IL

09-09-07, 09:49 AM   #3  
opinion

I bought this at wall-mart about a week ago for $114.00 and since it has a straight handle and it is suppose to be capable of having attachments made for it i figured it was worth a try. it had a two yr warranty. its weighs 12 lbs whichs is pretty heavy,compared to my old weed eater. the line is very heavy duty and you just unscrew the head and feed it through the head real simple. actually easier then always getting caught up in a wound line,if you know what i mean. it does have a very small gas tank on it. actually if it was any bigger it would really be heavy. i'm probably stuck with it now .ive used it 3-4 times ,but how else are you going to find out whether you like it or not . the problem is i still need a trimmer and right now they are hard to find this late in the year. i do some commercial work.

MO

09-09-07, 11:46 AM   #4  
Take it back to Wal-Mart you can return anything to them. I have a Poulan Pro SM132 straight shaft it has given good service and I have no complaints other than it is heavier than my other trimmers. Have a good one. Geo

NY

09-09-07, 04:25 PM   #5  
If you had asked about what to buy before you bought I'd have recommended a Stihl or Echo based on the fact that you use it commercially. My opinion on the multi-attach isn't good. They're weak as they are driven by a flexible - albiet, heavier - speedometer drive cable.

Search this Thread