White GT2150 Blowing Fuses

Old 09-09-07, 04:12 PM
White GT2150 Blowing Fuses

I have a 2003 White GT2150 and it has 108 hours on it. It is blowing the main fuse. After replacing fuse, it will start and shortly after that it blows again. I have unplugged the seat switch, still happens, the PTO Clutch, still happens. I checked the battery, wires and all wires for bare wire but nothing. I can smell something burning, it is at the engine, but can not pinpoint exactly where. The starter seems to be operating correctly, as far as engaging, disengaging. The battery light is on on the hour meter though.
Any assistance would be helpful. Local help is very limited.
Thanks
Jason

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-07, 09:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Try unplugging the charging wire(s) and see if the fuse still blows. I'd give more info, but don't know what you have. Anyway, if the fuse stays good, there is a problem with the stator or the regulator if equipped

Old 09-10-07, 07:48 PM
Seems OK Now

I just unplugged the Voltage Regulator and started it up. It seems to be running OK and after about 5 minutes no blown fuse. So I guess that it is what was wrong. It just seems odd that only after 109 hours the regulator would go bad. Also any good places to purchase the regulator cheap. My local store wants $85 to order it.

Old 09-10-07, 10:50 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Check ebay, but the regulators are typically a bit expensive.