Value of Toro snowthrower #38050

Old 09-10-07, 05:17 PM
Value of Toro snowthrower #38050

Without sounding terribly chauvinistic(can't even spell it), is this female being taken?
I need a snowthrower and found a Toro model 38050, serial 0010254 for $350. It looks decent enough, a little paint missing, chrome a little rusted.
The Toro website tells me this was made in 1980 so obviously concerned with the age.
My library doesn't have the Intertec Outdoor Power Equipment Blue Book that might help me determine the price.
So can anyone advise me whether this is a good buy or not?
Fortunately, my nephew works in small and large machinery if I have problems(it is his co-worker selling it).
Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-07, 08:36 PM
Well.... I wouldn't pay that much especially if the engine is smaller than 8hp.

But if the body is still in really good shape (no rust through holes) and the engine runs perfect, then it might be worth it because the older snowblowers were made much sturdier back then.

If it needs ANY work though, well...I don't pay $350 for something I have to do a lot of work to.

Old 09-16-07, 09:45 AM
Not that bad of price

I used to own a Toro 8/32 with independent drives circa 1972. I purchased it for $275 can and sold it 12 yrs later for $400. Great machine. I sold my quad and plow last year and picked up a Toro 7/24 model 38050 for $175 us off of ebay. This thing is a tank. It will go through more than alot of bigger snowblowers. If it doesn't need any work it would make a great snowblower for the price. I am very happy with the performance of this snowblower for the size.