Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Lawnboy Goldpro 10525

MD

09-11-07, 10:15 AM   #1  
Lawnboy Goldpro 10525

I was given a Lawnboy Goldpro 10525 self propelled mower that is in great shape. However, the self propelled feature doesn't work. I was only told that it needed a new transmission which costs in the hundreds of dollars.

I found the drawing and parts list for the transmission. My question is, is it a DIY job to tear apart the transmission and find the faulty parts and replace? Also, does anyone know of a place online to order refurbished or new tranny parts for Lawnboys?

Sponsored Links

NY

09-11-07, 12:30 PM   #2  
This tranny is serviceable and does not have to be replaced in whole. If you go to Lawn-Boy's site you'll find links to get you to their parts lookup utility so you can see the makeup of the trans and also see how to remove the assembly so that you can service it on a bench. I don't know of any aftermarket parts websites but I do know you can find any and all parts needed at any Lawn-Boy servicing dealer. Use the "Find dealer" function on their site to find your local dealers.

Search this Thread