could help be greatful 40702x92b and date code is 1533
need part number or size belt and diagram to install old one
numbers are worn off its either a 36 or 40" cut 12.5 motor

thanks for any help
stovebolt

Old 09-17-07, 11:43 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
It is a 40" and the Murray part number for the deck belt is 37X62MA and I would recommend buying the Murray belt if you can rather than an aftermarket belt because the pitch is unique to this belt. But, if you must buy aftermarket because you have no local Murray (or Briggs & Stratton) dealer then I suggest a Gates brand, part number A84. This would work as the correct belt measures 1/2" x 85.94" and the A84 is 1/2" x 86" and has a similar pitch.

Old 09-17-07, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Does it really matter if you have a Murray belt or not? I have a Murray tractor with three blades that when I get into thick grass, the mower deck simply loses power instead of straining the engine. Tightening the belt helps but belt life is drastically reduced. The murray belt and auto parts store belt LOOK alike. Would the Murray belt work better?

Old 09-17-07, 02:54 PM
S
Talking do you have a diagram for putting belt back on

Originally Posted by puey61
It is a 40" and the Murray part number for the deck belt is 37X62MA and I would recommend buying the Murray belt if you can rather than an aftermarket belt because the pitch is unique to this belt. But, if you must buy aftermarket because you have no local Murray (or Briggs & Stratton) dealer then I suggest a Gates brand, part number A84. This would work as the correct belt measures 1/2" x 85.94" and the A84 is 1/2" x 86" and has a similar pitch.
any help please puey

stovebolt
murry doesnt have my mower manual on their web site

Old 09-17-07, 08:30 PM
Should be a simple diagram on the belt package showing you how the belt will look when it's on. Other than that, it's not too hard to figure out how it goes on.

Old 09-17-07, 10:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Look at the deck as if you were sitting on the mower. From this perspective, I believe the belt goes from the engine pulley, back on the back side of the tensioner pulley, out to the right hand blade pulley, across the back to the left blade pulley, and back to the engine pulley.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: