lawn tractor

Old 09-11-07, 07:32 PM
lawn tractor

when cutting grass with my sears tractor it starts missing and back firing any ideals what the problem could be

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-07, 07:45 PM
Need to post engine Mfg, Model, etc; before much help can be given. Right now your asking how long is a rope. Have a good one. Geo

Old 09-12-07, 02:30 AM
To better help you (or help you, period) we need more information. Lift up the seat on your machine, you'll find a sticker with a model and serial number. Next open up the hood and find the identification plate/sticker of the engine ON the engine and more times than not, on the flywheel (blower) shroud. Post back with these and some more specifics as far as when the trouble is encountered. In other words, how many minutes into your mow session does the problem arrise? And, does it show up consistently each time you use the mower? When's the last time any tune-up was performed on the mower? How old is the machine?

Old 09-14-07, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by puey61 View Post
To better help you (or help you, period) we need more information. Lift up the seat on your machine, you'll find a sticker with a model and serial number. Next open up the hood and find the identification plate/sticker of the engine ON the engine and more times than not, on the flywheel (blower) shroud. Post back with these and some more specifics as far as when the trouble is encountered. In other words, how many minutes into your mow session does the problem arrise? And, does it show up consistently each time you use the mower? When's the last time any tune-up was performed on the mower? How old is the machine?
hi puey here's what I have Craftsman 21hp ohv V twin model # 917-271851 serial # 032102c004092 on motor says Family ybsxs7242vf I have had this tractor 5yrs. When problem started I put new plugs.Never been tuned. The problem happens every time I rev the motor

Old 09-14-07, 07:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Does the engine run fine at low rpm, or does it surge?

Old 09-15-07, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by cheese View Post
Does the engine run fine at low rpm, or does it surge?
engine runs fine at low rpm does not surge

Old 09-15-07, 09:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Will it smooth out with partial choke?

Old 09-16-07, 07:30 PM
Will it smooth out with partial choke?
hi cheese, when I pull the choke partial it will slow down.It backfires when I ingage the blades.It seems to happen under a load

Old 09-17-07, 10:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like the carb isn't quite getting enough feul from the tank. If it's gravity fed, pull the fuel line and see how fast the flow of fuel is from it.

Old 09-18-07, 06:27 AM
Sounds like the carb isn't quite getting enough feul from the tank. If it's gravity fed, pull the fuel line and see how fast the flow of fuel is from it.
thanks cheese we'll give it a try