Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ryobi trimmer plug wire replacement

UT

09-20-07, 01:46 PM   #1  
Ryobi trimmer plug wire replacement

I am trying to fix a Ryobi BC30 trimmer for my sister. It apparently fell off the wall and the spark plug wire was cut off. It looks like I need to remove the housing to get to the wire. I can't figure out how to remove the drive shaft to get the front part of the housing off. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-20-07, 06:54 PM   #2  
I assume you're talking about the clutch bell? If so, I think there is a small allen or torx head screw down in the hole where the flex shaft goes. Remove that to pull the clutch drum off, then remove the clutch and the housing should come off.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MO

09-20-07, 07:36 PM   #3  
If it's the clutch bell it takes a T20 torx(a very skinny one). Have a nice day. Geo

UT

09-21-07, 10:20 AM   #4  
Yes, it is the clutch bell. I will go take a look. Thanks.

NY

09-21-07, 11:56 AM   #5  
You'll need to stop the piston from turning when removing the clutch drum so you'll want to remove the spark plug, stuff a good amount of rewind-starter-size rope in the plug hole to act as a piston stop. The screw may be a left hand thread if the shaft is straight, as opposed to a curved shaft.

Search this Thread