Homelite Backpack Blower

Old 09-28-07, 07:18 PM
Homelite Backpack Blower

I have a Homelite Backpacker blower. When you start it, it runs fine.After it gets warm the throttle acts like it's part way choked (it's not) & just kinda bogs down it's like it's only reving up about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Spark plug looks good, I cleaned the air filter,new gas/oil mix. Anyone have any ideas of where to start? Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-07, 08:23 PM
Sounds to me like you have some fuel lines that are getting hot and starting to collapse or a diaphgram problem, so I would suggest checking the fuel lines when it starts to fail and install a new diaphram kit. Have a good one . Geo

Old 09-29-07, 12:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Carburetor, fuel lines, and/or loose cylinder bolts could be to blame.

Old 09-29-07, 08:10 AM
I'm thinking fuel system trouble as well but don't rule out the ignition system. Ignition coils can fail when hot. To know if it is or is not the ignition, pull out the spark plug immediately upon failure and check for spark at the plug.

Old 09-30-07, 07:39 PM
I took it apart today & blew out the gas lines & it seems to run better. It was pouring rain all day so I did not spend time blowing but I ran it wide open for abour 3 or 4 min. & it seems fine,lets hope i got off easy(I doubt it i never get off that easy) Mike