Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Homelite Backpack Blower

09-28-07, 07:18 PM   #1  
Homelite Backpack Blower

I have a Homelite Backpacker blower. When you start it, it runs fine.After it gets warm the throttle acts like it's part way choked (it's not) & just kinda bogs down it's like it's only reving up about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Spark plug looks good, I cleaned the air filter,new gas/oil mix. Anyone have any ideas of where to start? Mike

Sponsored Links

MO

09-28-07, 08:23 PM   #2  
Sounds to me like you have some fuel lines that are getting hot and starting to collapse or a diaphgram problem, so I would suggest checking the fuel lines when it starts to fail and install a new diaphram kit. Have a good one . Geo

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-29-07, 12:25 AM   #3  
Carburetor, fuel lines, and/or loose cylinder bolts could be to blame.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

09-29-07, 08:10 AM   #4  
I'm thinking fuel system trouble as well but don't rule out the ignition system. Ignition coils can fail when hot. To know if it is or is not the ignition, pull out the spark plug immediately upon failure and check for spark at the plug.

09-30-07, 07:39 PM   #5  
I took it apart today & blew out the gas lines & it seems to run better. It was pouring rain all day so I did not spend time blowing but I ran it wide open for abour 3 or 4 min. & it seems fine,lets hope i got off easy(I doubt it i never get off that easy) Mike

Search this Thread