Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda GX120 4hp help

MN

09-30-07, 03:46 PM   #1  
Honda GX120 4hp help

I had the carburetor off and apart, cleaned inside and out. float is good, needle and seat is good, jet is clean. The engine surges without any choke. I have been through the carb several times making sure its squeaky clean. There is one screw that has a limiter tab on it.. adjusting it doesnt change the engine surge. serial # is GC01-2326847 QX2.

Sponsored Links

MN

09-30-07, 04:12 PM   #2  
The forum isnt letting me edit my original post, but I'd like to know what I should try to get the surge to go away. I have a honda gx160 5.5hp engine laying around that I took the carb off of it and tried it on the 4.0hp. the surge goes away but it quits after about 10 seconds.

MO

09-30-07, 06:32 PM   #3  
Not familiar with your engine at all, however you still have a fuel restriction, check the fuel flow from the tank to/thru the carb, if it has a diaphgram carb, replace the diaphgram and gaskets. Have a good one. Geo

NY

10-01-07, 11:59 AM   #4  
Inside the bowl of the carburetor and in the center pickup area is a main jet and behind this is the emulsion tube. These must be cleaned out well as they must not be since you have a governor hunt (surge).

MN

10-01-07, 12:49 PM   #5  
I took the jet out but the main nozzle will not come out (and I was told it does not come out). I have ran a wire through the main nozzle, and blew it out. I have now soaked the whole carb in carb wash for about a half hour. I will reassemble it and try it one more time and see what happens. I could not remove one screw which I assume is the low speed adjustment.

Search this Thread