toro tranny troubles

Old 10-05-07, 06:30 PM
toro tranny troubles

Hi guys,
Ive got a three year old toro personal pace mower that I posted on last year for a grinding noise when a certain wheel had the most resistance, for example, a left turn.Puey mentioned it might be the pinion gears on the axel.He was spot on however, it returned after a couple weeks. I then got two more new pinion gears and wheels, thinking the gear on the wheel had some wear. It was good for about a month and is starting again. Is this a chronic problem or is there any adjustment I can make to keep the pinion gear from wearing. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-07, 08:01 PM
I'm not sure on the toro personal pace mowers that you can get a bushing for that or not (it's been some time since I've worked on one) or weather you have to get a tranny top or not.But sounds like that's your problem.The bushing is egg shaped.

Old 10-05-07, 08:04 PM
Oh yeah,reply back with model and serial #'s off of frame.Someone can look it up & tell you what you need.

Old 10-06-07, 03:06 AM
I like to use a small amount of "00" grease on all the drive components. Did you use any type of grease on them and, if so, specifically what type? Perhaps you have a no-lubrication issue or an improper lubrication issue.

Old 10-06-07, 07:20 AM
Ithink I applied a little what I like to call general purpose grease on the gears. The model number is 20017.