Mac chainsaw fuel line routing

Old 10-09-07, 11:49 AM
Mac chainsaw fuel line routing

I recently came across a very lightly used McCulloch FR 2.1 (allegedly the same as the eager beaver 2116) and discovered that all of the fuel lines had become cracked/brittle/broken. They look easy enough to replace, but from what's left of the existing ones, I can't tell where these things are supposed to go to and from. And the parts diagram I found isn't much help. Any one have an idea? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-07, 02:26 AM
You'll have a total of three fuel lines associated with this saw. The line, in the tank, with the fuel filter attached goes to the fuel pump side fitting of the carburetor. The line, in the tank, that is about only an inch or so in the tank is the return line and originates at the "out" nipple of the primer bulb. And the third and last line goes from the "in" nipple of the primer bulb to the carburetor fitting furthest away from the fuel pump side. Note that the fuel pump side of the carburetor is the side that integrates the throttle idle speed screw.

Old 01-19-08, 02:04 PM
McCulloch fuel line routing

PUEY 61 is this the same routing for a 3516?
Thanks

Old 05-13-10, 05:50 AM
McCullogh 3200 chain saw fuel lines

Originally Posted by puey61 View Post
You'll have a total of three fuel lines associated with this saw. The line, in the tank, with the fuel filter attached goes to the fuel pump side fitting of the carburetor. The line, in the tank, that is about only an inch or so in the tank is the return line and originates at the "out" nipple of the primer bulb. And the third and last line goes from the "in" nipple of the primer bulb to the carburetor fitting furthest away from the fuel pump side. Note that the fuel pump side of the carburetor is the side that integrates the throttle idle speed screw.
I'm confused - Which side of the carburetor is the "fuel pump" side. Is it the side the adjusting screws are on? Have replaced all the lines, primer and rebuilt the carb but it will only run for a few seconds / choked.