Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

homelite chainsaw cutting crooked

NJ

10-13-07, 10:20 AM   #1  
homelite chainsaw cutting crooked

I was cutting wood today with my 16" Homelite Ranger today. I was cutting fine for about 30 minutes and then my saw started cutting at and angle even though I was trying to hold it straight. The saw wasn't working as efficiently and began to stall when I got about half way through a log. I sharpened the blade with a file and tried again with the same result. I then switched to a professionally sharpened blade and the saw still cut uneven up and down and left to right. I thought maybe that me bar was bent so I put on a brand new bar with the sharpened blade and it still cut with the same result.

What is going on? I've gone as far as I am familiar with troubleshooting this. PLEASE help me. Any help is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

AL

10-13-07, 03:26 PM   #2  
Is the oiler putting out plenty of oil?Was this a brand new bar right out of the sleve you put on or a (used) brand new bar to this saw?Because this type of problem is useally caused by ether a worn bar or worn drive links in the chain.

Search this Thread