HONDA HARMONY II won't restart

Old 10-14-07, 03:01 PM
HONDA HARMONY II won't restart

I just purchased used honda harmony II. about 2-3 years old. he said its hard to restart meaning you empty the bag and come back it won't restart. it will if you shut it off and restart right away. he thinks the carb is flooding but I don't see any gas leaking so any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-07, 06:41 PM
flirty1:
You have made a gazillion post on theis forum and you know help is as close as the Mfg, Model, Type, Code, etc. and whatever would apply to the engine you are referring to. Have a good one. Geo

Old 10-14-07, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by geogrubb View Post
flirty1:
You have made a gazillion post on theis forum and you know help is as close as the Mfg, Model, Type, Code, etc. and whatever would apply to the engine you are referring to. Have a good one. Geo
this is a universal problem why would you need the model numbers ETC just to tell me that its a carb issue or the coil is going.

HRR2162SDA SERIAL M7CG-7026857

engine serial GJAE-2S13993 MY1

Old 10-15-07, 02:08 AM
Sometimes a problem is related to a particular model year engine or chassis and knowing such helps us to help you out quicker. How is the cold engine start? Any difficulty, at all, at cold startup? Does this mower have a fuel shut-off integral to the throttle control? Such would be indicated on the control.

Old 10-15-07, 03:25 PM
started right up cold. and havn't had any problems. its working fine and restarting fine so I don't know how long hes been letting it sit before restarting

Old 10-16-07, 02:21 AM
So, the hard starting is according to the previous owner? And you have found no such trouble? I'd say it is his incorrect starting procedure.

Old 10-16-07, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by puey61 View Post
So, the hard starting is according to the previous owner? And you have found no such trouble? I'd say it is his incorrect starting procedure.
well i did change the oil and sparkplug before i tried using it so that may have helped

Old 10-16-07, 12:55 PM
Spark plug replacement is the key here, as Japanese engines are finicky when it comes to the spark plug. Have spares on hand!