Troy Bilt String Trimmer feeding too much line

Old 10-20-07, 02:52 PM
Troy Bilt String Trimmer feeding too much line

I have a troy bilt tb25cs that feeds too much line. I don't even bump it and string keeps coming out. It is a duel string model and when I pull on both strings the holder comes down some and then spins to release the line. I can't for the life of me figure out why it keeps doing that. Could I be missing a part that maybe fell off one time while changing the string??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Barry

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-07, 01:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like either the spring is missing or the line is wound backwards.

Old 10-21-07, 06:34 AM
Well, The spring is there and I am winding the line on correctly. I did find at Lowes looking at my model that I am missing the foam seal. There is supposed to be one on the bump, and they don't sell just that at Lowes, they sell the whole bump with the seal included. I will look around in my shed to see if I just dropped it in there before I buy anything.

Old 10-21-07, 05:52 PM
I dont' think that installing the "seal" will solve your trouble. Is this trimmer head orange in color, or black?

Old 02-18-08, 10:58 AM
It is orange. I bought a new orange reel and the new bump with the spring and foam seal. Still feeds constantly.

Old 02-18-08, 11:42 AM
My experience with mis-feeding, other than worn or missing parts, is when someone think the mechanism will work better if lubricated. doesn't work, all parts should be clean and dry, probably not the case if you have new spool and feed bump, but , following is breakdown of a TB25CS:
http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=t...&dn=0073770002
hope this helps,
thanks,

Old 02-18-08, 01:53 PM
Ahhhh...I did lubricate it. I took the whole thing apart as some plastic washer not on the parts list shredded and got wrapped around the shaft and froze it up. I fixed it and lube the inside up.

I will clean the while thing with brake cleaner, dry it out, and see what happens.

Old 02-18-08, 06:11 PM
If you can find the 11 character model no. on your unit, you can find it in a list at the following:
http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=troy_bilt&mh=13,19
thanks,

Search this Thread