Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tecumseh H50 stalling problem

DC

10-21-07, 07:19 PM   #1  
Tecumseh H50 stalling problem

I have an older H50 on a leaf vacuum trailer. The carb is perfectly clean, so is the air filter. New plug..

The problem i'm having is after usuing i for a few minutes it will start to slow down gradually eventually coming to a stop. If you constantly adjust the main screw on the carb it will solve the problem. But obviously this cant be one every 30 sec when your running. The screw is now set with loctite as i thought i may be coming loose due to vibration. The motor starts perfectly in the garage and will run in the garage with no problem for a longer period. It seems to be problamatic when the machine is under stress.. Not sure what to do!! been working on it all weekend and cant figure it out!! Please HELP!!!

Sponsored Links

NY

10-22-07, 06:26 PM   #2  
If you're certain that the fuel cap is venting properly then I'd say you have a carburetor in need of a reconditioning. While this is not the only possiblility, it is the most likely. Other areas of concern are the valve clearances and ignition strength. Post back with the remainder of the engine ID numbers please.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-22-07, 07:48 PM   #3  
I agree on the fuel cap vent. Try loosening the cap and see if the problem disappears.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

DC

10-22-07, 08:25 PM   #4  
# is H50 65522R SEP8027D

So i tried it again today with no fuel cap.. same problem. When it starts to die if i adjust the main screw on the carb's bowl it will run normally again for a a while. Also if you put it on half choke it will run normally again for a while. But the screw is staying in the same position.. A new float was installed so i'm wondering if that may be the issue?? also there are a lot of visible bubbles running through the gas lines at times.. not sure if thats normal??

Any input is greatly appreciated.. I have a few contracts to complete this weekend!! need it running by then!!! So frustrated here, been tinkering for 3 days now!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

NY

10-23-07, 12:00 PM   #5  
You definitely need to soak and recondition the carburetor. Purchase a gallon of Napa # 6402, carb cleaner, a can of good carb/choke spray cleaner, the following Tecumseh parts: 632235, carb kit; 31688A, carb gasket; and, 27915A, intake manifold gasket and soak the carb in the bath for 20-30 minutes, spray it down with the can of spray cleaner, blow off or allow to air dry well, install the rebuild kit, replace both intake gaskets, reinstall the carb and you should be good.

Search this Thread