Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman T1000 riding lawn tractor

10-26-07, 05:27 PM   #1  
Craftsman T1000 riding lawn tractor

We have a craftmans t1000 riding lawn tractor, and I just noticed yesterday that when you disengage the blades, there is some sparks like a piece of metal stopping rubbing on the pulley. We just had some work done so there was some rust on the pulley when we got it back from the shop. But we also noticed a metal piece lying on the mower deck like something could of broken off. Does anyone have any ideas what this part could be or if there is some type of metalliac breaking mechanism?

Thanks
Lori

Sponsored Links

NY

10-27-07, 05:07 AM   #2  
Yes, there is a braking system and most likely you have one that has the brake pad completely worn off of the arm to which it is riveted. I'd recommend consulting the Sears parts page of their website and using your chassis model number have a look for your self of the parts break-down for your mower deck.

10-27-07, 09:03 PM   #3  
I would return the tractor to the shop that done the work. Most shops have a warranty on the work they do.
Puey61 is right the problem your haveing sounds like a worn mandrel brake.

Search this Thread