Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

CRAFTSMAN 25cc BLOWER

11-04-07, 09:06 AM   #1  
CRAFTSMAN 25cc BLOWER

I have a craftstman 25cc blower that is a little over 2 years old. It won't start. I've removed the fuel filter, replaced the fuel and spark plug. Nothing.

Does anyone have any advice.

Sponsored Links

KY

11-04-07, 09:24 AM   #2  
Post your blower's model numbers so we know what you have for sure, but it is likely just like the one on the other
thread. Grasp the spark plug/boot, while holding the rest of the blower tight, wiggle the spark plug, and if you get any
movement, then loose/missing screws are your problem.
Do this test with the air filter/cover as well.
These Poulan blowers are well known for this problem.

Fish

11-04-07, 01:28 PM   #3  
hi fish. thanks for the response.
i have a craftsman model no. 358.794960
do you mean the ingnition module screw may be loose or missing. looking at the part diagram this would be the screw that holds the spark plug wire.

KY

11-04-07, 04:30 PM   #4  
No normally the screws that hold down the cylinder, and sometimes the block the carb is mounted to. But you will see some movement.

11-04-07, 04:34 PM   #5  
Posted By: Fisher40037 No normally the screws that hold down the cylinder, and sometimes the block the carb is mounted to. But you will see some movement.
All screws are tight.

MO

11-04-07, 06:25 PM   #6  
You most likely need to replace the fuel lines, 2 years is a long time for Craftsman/Poulan fuel lines, there is a crack some where. Have a good one. Geo

NY

11-05-07, 02:07 AM   #7  
Just to be sure you don't go phishing, remove the muffler and have a look at the condition of the piston and cylinder. If these look OK then you most likely have a fuel system related problem but you need to be sure, first, that you have sufficient spark at the spark plug.

09-29-09, 05:00 PM   #8  
Posted By: Fisher40037 Post your blower's model numbers so we know what you have for sure, but it is likely just like the one on the other
thread. Grasp the spark plug/boot, while holding the rest of the blower tight, wiggle the spark plug, and if you get any
movement, then loose/missing screws are your problem.
Do this test with the air filter/cover as well.
These Poulan blowers are well known for this problem.

Fish
Fisher, Thank You! -- Withs God's help, You helped me fix my Craftsman 358.794342 Blower. Mine wouldn' start or it would quit after a few seconds. I tried doing many things to fix the engine, including taking the carb apart, changing plugs, changing the fuel and etc. I was about ready to throw away the blower when I accessed your message. I must have over 4 hours trying to fix that beast and now it runs perfect. The cylinder bolts were loose just like you said and that was the problem. Best to you always. sincerely Skybrd

Search this Thread