Help Mower Won't Stay Running

Old 11-08-07, 09:47 AM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help Mower Won't Stay Running

Hi All, I have a MTD Yard Machines 21" lawn mower with a Briggs & Stratton 4.5hp engine. It starts but won't stay running. When I push the prime bulb in the front it does nothing, it's like pushing air. On my neighbors mower(same kind) it does a squishing thing and fills with gas. I have taken the filter off and replaced the fuel and the little breather hose, both were cracked and I also sprayed out the carb with carb cleaner and replaced the gas.
Does anyone know why this mower won't stay running, if so could you please either post back or send me an e-mail on the reason why it does this, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Zeke

Old 11-08-07, 11:45 AM
G
Could you post a reply with the model, type, and code of engine? These nums should be embossed/stamped on the sparkplug end of metal shroud affixed to engine.
I'm thinking it's one of Briggs Quattro's with a plastic carb sitting on top of the gas tank,
One of the easiest to clean and rebuild.
Thanks,

Old 11-08-07, 02:50 PM
B
there is a little diaphram at the base of most primer bulbs sounds like you may have one thats went bad.. those primer bulbs are fairly inexpensive to replace... just a thought

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: