help snowblower carb is leaking

Old 11-08-07, 09:53 PM
help snowblower carb is leaking

Hi i have an old snowblower that runs fine but wont quit leaking gas. This snowblower was given to me and it didnt run because it sat for a few years. It has a tecumseh hm100 motor on it. First I cleaned it with carb cleaner and put a new float needle needle seat and bowl gasket on it and it still wouldnt run. It was suggested that I soak it in a carb bath. I did that and bought another rebuild kit and replaced everything again. It runs fine now but it leaks gas out of the carb on the choke shutter side. I figured the float was sticking so i took it apart again and the float moves fine. I even adjusted the float with a drill bit (spacer) like the repair manual says. I hate to give up but i ve tried everything I know. Does anyone have any advice. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-07, 04:06 AM
Remove float and shake to see if the is gas inside. The smallest amount will effect the float. You mentioned you had a manual so I am assuming you did the following but did you: Install seat with rings down? and install clip on needle with open end towards choke?
Be sure of those 2 items and replace float you should be good to go.

Old 11-11-07, 03:55 AM
One other concern is if, upon your removal of the inlet seat, you scratched the seat bore. How did you remove the old seat? Is there a possibility that you did scratch the bore?

Old 11-11-07, 09:42 AM
I blew it out with air where the fuel line inlet is. I will look in there and see if maybe i scratched it putting the seat back in. Thanks

Old 11-12-07, 04:21 AM
You won't find a scratch related to installation since any scratch would be above the seat (as viewed from an installation point of view) and would therefore not come into play. I'd say you're going to find fuel (fluid) in the float.