Troy Built vs Husqvarna

Old 11-11-07, 01:32 PM
Troy Built vs Husqvarna

I decided to get a new blower. All prices equal Troy Built or Husky? The Troy Built was more comfortable but I know the Husky name is better. Here's the link to them.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...k%3Di_products

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-07, 02:42 PM
Times have changed TroyBilt and Husky are not the TroyBilt and Husky of old, unless you buy the high end Husky products, they are both made by MTD products and are probably of the same quality under the paint. Have a good one. Geo

Old 11-11-07, 03:38 PM
For some reason they did not show up in the link, but it is a Troy Built Model # TB4BP & a Husqvarna model #145BT

Old 11-11-07, 06:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
They are not both made by MTD. Troybilt is MTD, Husqvarna is made by AYP, and is a much better machine all around in my opinion. If it were my money, I'd spend it on the Husqvarna in a heartbeat.

Old 11-11-07, 07:13 PM
http://montana20021.tripod.com/electrolux/
Link to history of Husqvarna/electrolux/poulan, etc.
AYP is part of this.
AYP made mower distinctive by boomerang shaped hangers on deck suspension.
thanks

Old 11-12-07, 03:52 AM
The problem with buying from Lowes, is that you bought it at Lowes. What happens if you have problems with it?
If you can still find a Husqvarna dealer, he will not be thrilled to do warranty or any kind of work on your machine.
Lowes constantly changes their agreements with services
to do their work, and you unit could have to be shipped away
to where ever their service center may be.

Look around at some local small engine shops, and check
their prices and products, like Stihl or Echo or redmax.

Fish

Old 11-12-07, 04:17 AM
Fish has excellent point here. Friend of mine bot Homelite chainsaw from Home Depot, quit after 30mins, took it back, they shipped it off, came back after couple of weeks, quit after short runtime again. I learned of it right at time warranty was about to run out. I got with local HD about taking it to local Homelite warranty authorized dealer, they said fine, Local dealer was really reluctant about doing it, by this time warranty had run out.
my 2 cents,
thanks,

Old 11-12-07, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by cheese View Post
They are not both made by MTD. Troybilt is MTD, Husqvarna is made by AYP, and is a much better machine all around in my opinion. If it were my money, I'd spend it on the Husqvarna in a heartbeat.
Sorry, my mistake. Have a good one. Geo

Old 11-12-07, 08:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I made a mistake too...I thought it said "mower", but now I see it says "blower". Still, I guess I'd rather have the Husqvarna, but if I were the one buying, I would look for an echo, stihl, or another quality brand. I agree with the suggestion to deal with a dealer. Get a good machine from a reputable dealer and the blower issue can be forgotten for a long time. Get a consumer machine from a box store, and you'll probably be dealing with the blower issue on and off a lot over the next few years until you have to throw it away.

Search this Thread