Tecumseh Series 6 carb

Old 11-12-07, 02:26 PM
Tecumseh Series 6 carb

Hi all!

I have a problem with a tecumseh series 6 carb on my lawn vacuum. Long and short, it appears that the float pin does not work right anymore. If I put gas in the tank, it will flood the carb and leak out of the muffler! I have taken the float bowl apart and it appears that the float needle is going in to the proper place. I do not see a seat for the needle, and I am not sure where to find it. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-07, 03:54 PM
Clamp off the fuel line, remove the bowl, release the fuel to let it flow into the carb, lift the float to see if it shuts off the fuel flow, it so the float may have a hole in it and is not rising to shut off the fuel flow. I have never heard of a seat that just disappeared, I have blown a few out while cleaning with compressed air, a new seat should be supplied with a rebuild kit. Have a good one. Geo

Old 11-12-07, 04:02 PM
You have a series 6, (Tecumseh) if there's no external jet adjustment screws, has primer, no choke, and probably runs at constant speed.
There is a tiny seat at bottom of well the needle valve rides in, (carb upside down). remove it with a wire with 1/32 hook on it.
the kits are inexpensive, the seat is installed with groove side down,(carb upside down)
wouldn't hurt to get kit that includes bowl gasket, and gasket for nut that holds bowl on, this nut has tiny orifices in it that have to be clean.
hope this helps.
thanks,

Old 11-12-07, 04:13 PM
Here is the link to download the Tec manual the carb stuff starts on page 12. Have a good one Geo

http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf

Old 11-12-07, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the replies and the link! I will try some of these tomorrow and see if it fixes my problem.

Old 11-13-07, 02:17 AM
If you use the hooked wire method of inlet seat removal be VERY carful not to scratch the bore where the seat resides. If you do you will develop an irreparable fuel leak and would have to replace the carburetor assembly. If you have compressed air this would be the safest method to remove the seat by blowing in through the fuel inlet fitting.