Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

SnowBlower Surges then dies

CT

11-13-07, 06:03 PM   #1  
SnowBlower Surges then dies

Have a craftsman snowblower that I am trying to repair. When running, the engine surges due to a fuel restriction. Father in-law scrubbed the nasty carb (almost black on the inside) put it back on and it did the same thing. Just purchased a carb repair kit and will be putting that on next. definitely getting fuel from the tank. also installed a fuel filter becuase it didn't have one. anything else i should look at??? what about the emulsion tube, heard that could be a source of problems as well. thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-13-07, 06:58 PM   #2  
Sounds like that carb needs to be cleaned in a bath type carb cleaner and reconditioned with new parts. Remove rubber parts before soaking the carb.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

11-14-07, 03:40 AM   #3  
You didn't post the engine's ID numbers so I'll assume it is a fixed jet carburetor and, if so, the carb kit you purchase will not contain the emulsion tube. Yes, be sure to replace this as well as the contents of the carb kit and you may possibly need to replace the float which will not be included in the kit as well. Also, be sure to replace the carb mounting gasket, again, which will not be included in the kit. Be sure to draw a diagram of where the linkage hooks up to the carb before you take it off. Post the engine numbers here so we can advise you better.

CT

11-14-07, 05:08 AM   #4  
the model number is craftsman # 143.975501 (engine)

sears parts sent me the diagram of the engine (because I don't have the service and op manual) and the number at the top of the PDF is OHSK55-69507A.

I'll be ordering the emulsion tube and float, as well as gasket.

MO

11-14-07, 08:41 AM   #5  
The carb looks like the normal Tec carb where most of the time if you remove the nut(main jet) holding the bowl on and clean the holes, 2 near the bottom, the tiny one about midway up and the one thru the center with a small wire(I use the wire from a twist tie) you should be good to go, unless the carb is in real bad shape. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread