Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ryobi Blower

TX

11-13-07, 08:38 PM   #1  
Ryobi Blower

I have a blower I am trying to repair,the model#RGBV3100 that keeps shearing the flywheel key,I have replaced the flywheel twice,the flywheel has been tighten to specs.So I took the cylinder off and took the piston off the journal,I found that the pin on the journal that the rod goes on is about a 1/4 off from the key way on the other end of the crank,so is this mean it is out of time,cause I had a weed trimmer that the pin on the journal is inline with the keyway on the other side of the crank,if this is out of time how do you go about lining it up.Is the journal press on the crankshaft,or threaded on.

Thanks
Jerry

Sponsored Links

NY

11-14-07, 02:13 AM   #2  
You would have noticed, too, that the ignition coil would have been mounted in a different location relative to the crankpin, so, you can't use this as any indicator to keyway timing. I'd say either the keyway is slightly worn and therefore sloppy or you are not torquing the flywheel down properly.

TX

11-14-07, 09:56 AM   #3  
Puey61 what I also did was change the cylinder and the piston just because the blower had a lot of scratches on side of the piston and the cylinder,I used the trimmer cylinder and left the coil on it thinking it would not make any difference because they were both 31cc.I had to use the same crank as it was longer for the fan to fit on,the coil on the trimmer was a walbro and the blower was a phelon so was this causing the flywheel to shear off the key.

Thanks
Jerry

Search this Thread