Husky starts and dies on acceleration

Old 11-18-07, 05:30 PM
jfh
Husky starts and dies on acceleration

My Husqvarna 350 had an engine replacement as right after the warranty expired it experienced engine problems. The shop said after 10 hours bring it in for a free checkup.

I picked it up, and it ran good, I then took it in for the checkup in July this year, the repair guy said all was well but the carb had to be adjusted somewhat.

I brought it home and didn't check or use it until last week Nov 12, when I wanted to start cutting my firewood.

It started fine but when I pulled the throttle and it reved for a second it died off. I tried three times and same thing.
I then waited a few minutes and re started it and just left it idle. It idled for a moment then without my touching the throttle it began reving faster and faster until I hit the kill switch.

Would anyone have an idea what the problem could be and if I could fixit on my own as the repair shop is a distance from us, plus this mechanic is new to the shop and I am wondering what he did as it ran well before I took it in for the checkup.
I shouldn't blame him until I know what may be the cause of the problem.

I would sure appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Joe H

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-07, 12:11 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's starving for gas...possibly because of the carb, or could be fuel lines, filter, etc...