Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Small variable speed mower

MA

11-22-07, 08:08 PM   #1  
Small variable speed mower

My dad is 87 and still wants to cut his small lawn. He needs the smallest variable speed mower. The craftsman 22inch is too big and bulky. Can someone lead me in the right direction for a smaller unit?

Sponsored Links

MO

11-23-07, 12:36 PM   #2  
I would suggest taking him to the big box stores and some dealers and let him decide what he likes, at 87 if he don't like it he ain't gonna to use it. Have a good one. Geo

OK

11-23-07, 07:22 PM   #3  
Other options are electric mowers, cordless mowers and small self propelled mowers.

PA

11-24-07, 07:43 AM   #4  
I agree with what was said above, take him out to see what's available. Because if he don't like it, he ain't gonna use it. Make sure the handlebars are at the right height for him, and if a variable speed isn't available in the size you want, then insist on trying them out to be sure they are not gonna be too fast and drag him around. I'd probably go to my local Snapper, Toro, or Simplicity dealers before I'd go to a box store. And when checking out the speed, don't do it on pavement. We can all walk faster on pavement, try it on a lawn if at all possible.

Search this Thread