tweeking a little more power

Old 11-22-07, 08:13 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
tweeking a little more power

I have a Ariens 8 hp snow blower, 8 hp, can I tweek a litttle more by making an adjustment on the carb linkage?

Old 11-23-07, 06:59 AM
L
Originally Posted by mailman2
I have a Ariens 8 hp snow blower, 8 hp, can I tweek a litttle more by making an adjustment on the carb linkage?
You cant really do anything to get any more power out of it but you could tweak the air vane springs to get more rpms out of it. By doing this you run the engine beyond its designed rpm limit and thus reducing the life of the engine. I believe Briggs and stratton are designed to run 3600rpms and hondas 3900rpm I think. Not really worth it IMO.

Old 11-23-07, 12:31 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
I had a fixed throttle mower once and needed some extra power when I hit a patch of zosia so I fashoned a piece of nylon cord onto the goveror and attached it to the handle so whenever I needed that "extra" power I would just pull the string, that way it didn't run wide open all the time. Have a good one. Geo

Old 11-25-07, 08:03 AM
L
On a snow blower though you pretty much need the extra snort constantly.. I'd suggest taking narrower passes with the blower to not bog the engine down and if the snow is really wet and heavy make sure the discharge chute is angled up as far as it will go so the impeller doesnt clog up. I wouldn't over-rev the engine on a S/B especially if its belt driven.. The belts almost always come off the pulleys. (I've had it happen to me before)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: