Tractor mower deck blades?

Old 11-25-07, 01:12 PM
Tractor mower deck blades?

Are these generally "universal," or would I have to buy Ingersol blades to fit an Ingersol mower deck? Or, can I buy lower priced generics that are the same length?

Sorry to sound so dumb!

Pete

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-07, 10:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Blades are pretty much specific to the manufacturer. You'll need blades with the same dimensions and mounting hole(s) size. I'm not familiar with ingersoll mowers, but I would guess they are made by another company. You might find out what company that is and buy blades for that brand.

Old 11-26-07, 05:36 AM
Group Moderator
As long as they attach to the mower properly, you should be fine.

Old 11-26-07, 11:24 AM
If you pull off a blade look around for a stamped number on it, it may or may not have a letter in front of or behind the number. You may have to scrape the dried debris to find it.

You can take the number and you may be able to match the number at a big box store or even your local hardware store with MTD blades which is the biggest supplier of mowerblades. Then again..you may be stuck with Ingersoll blades.

Mark_ms

Old 11-27-07, 08:40 AM
Since some Ingersol/Case mower decks discharge on the LEFT side, you have to make sure when buying aftermarket blades that they have the correct dia, mounting hole(s) and the cutting edge is on the correct side.