Manual for Sears Craftsman 536.887990 Snowblower

Old 12-02-07, 09:09 PM
Manual for Sears Craftsman 536.887990 Snowblower

I bought this machine used and I would like a copy of the manual. It is a 9HP, 29-inch, mfg date 11-26-2002.

I have not been able to find it online anywhere. If anyone has a hardcopy and would please copy it for me, I'd be glad to cover costs.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-07, 02:06 AM
If you've checked with Sears and it is not available through them, I doubt you'll have much luck in finding someone that has one to copy and send you. Is there anything that we can help you with now?

Old 12-03-07, 09:29 AM
The manual is F-021083L $8.63 from Sears. Goto
www3.sears.com enter model number, it is listed in the engine part list or you can type in "manual" in the part number box. Have a good one. Geo

Old 12-03-07, 07:36 PM
Ok, guys, thanks for the help.

Old 12-09-07, 02:24 PM
I have not ordered the manual yet, but maybe you guys can help to get me started.

I drained the old gas & filled w/ new. Old gas wouldn't even light any more. Put in new spark plug. Plugged in the extension cord to use the electric starter. Had to crank it a bit and keep pumping the primer bulb, but it finally started. Let it warm up thoroughly. The blades engage & turn.

Couple things:

- Throttle doesn't seem to make much RPM difference. Throttle moved to lowest setting does kill the machine as it should, but doesn't really open up at high(er) setting.

-When I picked up the machine the gear shift was in (reverse) 1. It has 6 forward and 2 reverse. I can't shift the gear lever. Seems froze up. Although it DOES operate (in reverse) when I engauge the drive.

Any thoughts?

Old 12-10-07, 12:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The throttle issue could be due to a stuck throttle shaft in the carb. Work it back and forth along with a few shots of carb cleaner to get it loose.

I don't know squat about snowblowers, but the tranny problem is probably along the same lines...something stuck that needs lube and some gentle persuasion.

Old 12-10-07, 02:12 AM
If the throttle shaft is "frozen" bear in mind that it is probable varnished up and you'd then want to remove and service the carburetor properly. For the shifter problem, pull the bottom trans cover pan (four screws-only need to loosen the front two) and clean the hex shaped shaft and apply a "00" grease to it when done, for smooth shifting.

Old 12-20-08, 11:53 AM
Owners Manual 536.887990

You can get a copy of the Owners Manual for Snow Blower 536.887990 at Home Improvement Projects, Product Manuals & Home Management Tools - Managemyhome.com.

1. Go to www.managemyhome.com and log in (if you are not a member create a user's account - it's free)

2. From the Homepage menu near the top of the page, click Home Manager and then owner's manuals.

3. Complete the search form enter your brand and model number 536887990.

4. Click Submit.

You view the manual using Adobe Reader and can download or print it.

Good Luck!