Tecumseh LH318SA on Ariens 926LE will not crank

Old 12-03-07, 11:38 AM
Tecumseh LH318SA on Ariens 926LE will not crank

Hello,

I'm hoping someone here can offer some advice. I purchased an Ariens 926LE with a Tecumseh LH318SA engine last winter, and it worked beautifully. Of course, I accidentally left some gas in it over the spring and summer, so now it's having trouble cranking.

Most everything I've read indicates that it is a carborator problem, and that I should disassemble and clean it. This may indeed be the problem, and although I'm not engine-savvy, I may try this out.

However I'm wondering if it's possible it may be something else? The primer button doesn't really seem to be doing anything but wheezing when I press it. Other primers (like on my lawn mower, on my weed-whacker, etc) I can actually feel the fuel being passed through/moving through, but not on this thing.. it feels like it's doing nothing. But I could be completely wrong on that one.

And if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to go about cleaning the carborator, I'm all ears!

thanks,
Ryan

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-07, 02:20 PM
Something quick to try, remove the large nut(main jet) holding the bowl on and clean the holes in it(I usually use the wire from a twist tie), you might as well clean the bowl while you have it off, refer to the photo link below to see the holes in the nut. Have a good one. Geo
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...c_bowl_nut.jpg

Old 12-03-07, 05:31 PM
Thanks, geogrubb! I did just that, and that did the trick! Of course, I also forgot to shut the fuel line off before I did this, so some of the old gas came out in the process, but that's probably a good thing!

At any rate, it's back up and running. Thanks for the help!

Old 12-03-07, 10:03 PM
Hey, the results sounds great, I was going to suggest shutting off the fuel line but as you noted it does indicate if the fuel is flowing into the carb. Have a good one. Geo