More Tecumseh help

Old 12-03-07, 06:07 PM
More Tecumseh help

I know there have been a million techumseh threads, but man this is killing me. HMSK100 motor. It won't run unless choke is in middle position. Throttle it down a bit and it dies. As suggested in other threads, I pulled the carb bowl, and cleaned out the little holes in the bolt, to no avail. It runs poorly, throttling up and down. Only time it runs decent is when it is under load blowing snow. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-07, 01:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You're right to focus on the carb. It's the problem. You'll probably need to remove it and clean it with a bath type cleaner and recondition it with a kit.

Old 12-04-07, 06:09 PM
From your discription it sounds like the idle circuit is plugged in the carb. Since you are talking snow blowers and that you remove a bolt in the bottom of the carb to clean the little holes, I take it that your unit is the fixed jet varity. On the top of the carb where the bowl mates to the top, you may find a round opening which is actually a small round plastic cap. This cap is overtop of the low speed or idle jet. If you remove this cap you will see a slot which allows you to remove this jet. It will have a very small hole in the end of it that needs to be cleaned. Spray some carb / choke cleaner into a small metal dish and soak this jet. You might find a small wire about the size of the needle valve clip that hooks to the float that might fit through this jet hole. After soaking and cleaning reinstall this jet and retry the engine to see if it helps. If you can disassemble the whole carb and jets and soak in a good bath would be best.

Search this Thread