Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda Model HS 621 /GX160 engine will quits after the choke is pushed down

OH

12-08-07, 12:12 PM   #1  
Honda Model HS 621 /GX160 engine will quits after the choke is pushed down

Hi I have exact same problem like this and wonder how you solved your problem, I checked and changed the spark plug, also placed new fuel in the Carburetor, my machine is approx. 7 years old, buy looks like new.
I do not have a service manual , if you know where may I download the same , would be greatly appreciated.

looking for answers

Posted By: JETMECH727 Hello,

I have a Snowblower that has not run for over 8 years. I just got it fired up today. However I have a problem and no manual or drawings to go by. The engine runs well in full choke and wide open throttle. As I move the choke to a more open position the engine just screams and backfires. As it gets closer to the full open position it just shuts off. I dont seem to have any throttle control. Theres a throttle return spring thats not hooked up. I dont know where it goes. One side is on an arm hoked up to the engine case that also has the governor rod attached to it. The engine still shuts down If I try and modulate the throttle plate manualy as well. Wondering if anyone has any expierience with this type of setup.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

12-08-07, 10:19 PM   #2  
Posted By: citroens I do not have a service manual , if you know where may I download the same , would be greatly appreciated.
You could try the engine's own manual. Have a look here:

http://www.honda-engines.com/Engines...s/gx160reg.htm

It's pretty basic regarding maintenance but what the heck.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-09-07, 12:12 AM   #3  
You need to clean/recondition the carburetor.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread