Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

help on a jacobsen homelits 824 snowblower

12-15-07, 10:34 PM   #1  
help on a jacobsen homelits 824 snowblower

I can't find any info on what the problem may be with the auger and blower not turning. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The Blower turns very very slow, and the auger does not want to turn at all, even when pryed. They both turned freely this past May when I purchased it. Hope to find some suggestions before spending $$$ at a shop.

Bob

Sponsored Links

MN

12-16-07, 07:23 AM   #2  
I would look into the belts and pulleys that run the auger and rotor. I'd assume its belt driven and may have a worn/snapped belt or the belt may be off the pulley.

NH

12-16-07, 08:22 AM   #3  
First thing I would do is take off all the belts(make sure you keep the seperated so you know which is which). Then see if the impeller & auger will turn. And listen as you turn. A growling noise means you need bearings replaced or the impeller is bent. If nothing turns freely, then you may need to rebuild the auger gear box, new bearing/bushings. You may also have rusted shafts.

Search this Thread