Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

(Help)Snowblower won't throw snow

12-16-07, 12:34 AM   #1  
(Help)Snowblower won't throw snow

I have a Craftsman 9.0 hp snowblower... While snow blowing it just stopped throwing snow. Everything still seems to work, but the augers now are turning pretty slow, the impeller is still at high speed. If the augers(while moving) are slightly touched they just stop turning.

Please help, Thx!

Sponsored Links

12-16-07, 04:49 AM   #2  
Posted By: skysmith I have a Craftsman 9.0 hp snowblower... While snow blowing it just stopped throwing snow. Everything still seems to work, but the augers now are turning pretty slow, the impeller is still at high speed. If the augers(while moving) are slightly touched they just stop turning.

Please help, Thx!
Sounds like the gears are stripped in the gear box. I've had that happen before too. Those brass gears & pot metal housings aren't very strong.

CANADA

12-16-07, 05:21 AM   #3  
While that machine if OFF turn the augers. There are shear bolts that are designed to break if you hit something hard like ice. You may have to look close for the holes where the bolts should be. The bolts are likely gone

12-16-07, 11:57 AM   #4  
I forgot about the shear pins. Been there also, that could be the easy fix. Hopefully.

Search this Thread