(Help)Snowblower won't throw snow

Old 12-16-07, 12:34 AM
(Help)Snowblower won't throw snow

I have a Craftsman 9.0 hp snowblower... While snow blowing it just stopped throwing snow. Everything still seems to work, but the augers now are turning pretty slow, the impeller is still at high speed. If the augers(while moving) are slightly touched they just stop turning.

Please help, Thx!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-07, 04:49 AM
Originally Posted by skysmith View Post
I have a Craftsman 9.0 hp snowblower... While snow blowing it just stopped throwing snow. Everything still seems to work, but the augers now are turning pretty slow, the impeller is still at high speed. If the augers(while moving) are slightly touched they just stop turning.

Please help, Thx!
Sounds like the gears are stripped in the gear box. I've had that happen before too. Those brass gears & pot metal housings aren't very strong.

Old 12-16-07, 05:21 AM
While that machine if OFF turn the augers. There are shear bolts that are designed to break if you hit something hard like ice. You may have to look close for the holes where the bolts should be. The bolts are likely gone

Old 12-16-07, 11:57 AM
I forgot about the shear pins. Been there also, that could be the easy fix. Hopefully.