Toro 7/24 Snow Thrower Mod:38050

Old 12-16-07, 10:28 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Toro 7/24 Snow Thrower Mod:38050

I'm a Newbie at this sort of thing, so plese bear with me. I'm having problems starting thrower. It hasn't been running for year and a half. It turns over electrically, but refuses to catch. I've replaced fuel,plug,fuel line. I've checked for spark by removing plug from head and placing in plug boot (is that correct term?) and grounding to motor and then pull start attempt. No spark seen. Could problem be plug wire? or device at the other end of plug wire in behind the flywheel. I've also cleaned that part as well because of rust buildup on magnets. I've taken the fuel bowl off and noticed it was full of fuel. Is this normal? I also noticed that while attempts at starting, that some fuel sems to be coming from the exhaust muffler. What causes this? As I,m writing this, it is snowing and there is already 4 inches of snow on driveway. I realize I may have to shovel by hand this time, but would appreciate any insight before next snowfall. Thanks.

Old 12-16-07, 12:29 PM
J
Check for a broken wire on key switch or that key switch is on. You may also need to hold the hand lever on to allow it to start. There may be an auto shutoff if you let go of the handle. If these do not help you may have bigger problems. I have the same model blower and there work great. Good luck.

Old 12-16-07, 01:38 PM
G
If bowl is full and gas coming out exhaust, the inlet needle valve is not shutting off gas as it should, the inlet needle and needle seat need to be replaced.
You need to drain and replace the oil, you will have gas in your oil.
Sounds like the carb will need a thorough cleaning, dip, etc. and re-kitted.
Post back with engine make, model, type, code, spec #, etc.
so we can better help,
thanks,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: