Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Toro 7/24 Snow Thrower Mod:38050

IL

12-16-07, 10:20 AM   #1  
Toro 7/24 Snow Thrower Mod:38050

I'm a Newbie at this sort of thing, so plese bear with me. I'm having problems starting thrower. It hasn't been running for year and a half. It turns over electrically, but refuses to catch. I've replaced fuel,plug,fuel line. I've checked for spark by removing plug from head and placing in plug boot (is that correct term?) and grounding to motor and then pull start attempt. No spark seen. Could problem be plug wire? or device at the other end of plug wire in behind the flywheel. I've also cleaned that part as well because of rust buildup on magnets. I've taken the fuel bowl off and noticed it was full of fuel. Is this normal? I also noticed that while attempts at starting, that some fuel sems to be coming from the exhaust muffler. What causes this? As I,m writing this, it is snowing and there is already 4 inches of snow on driveway. I realize I may have to shovel by hand this time, but would appreciate any insight before next snowfall. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

NH

12-16-07, 01:59 PM   #2  
Did you use a new spark plug or the old one? If you used the old one, you may not see a spark if that plug is no good. And while you have the spark plug out, pour a couple oz. of gas down the plug hole. Then put the plug back in, connect the plug wire, pull it over. If you have spark, it will run for a couple of seconds, meaning your problem is a carbureator problem.

OH

12-16-07, 03:02 PM   #3  
Craftsman 536.82240 isn't self propelled anymore

I inherited a Craftsman 26 model 536.82240 snow thrower a few years back. Finally got it running well and while I was using it today (first snow) it stopped driving. Neither forward, nor reverse. Any thoughts?

OK

12-16-07, 03:30 PM   #4  
Posted By: mingus s I inherited a Craftsman 26 model 536.82240 snow thrower a few years back. Finally got it running well and while I was using it today (first snow) it stopped driving. Neither forward, nor reverse. Any thoughts?
You should have started a new thread, this problem not same as Eddie2's.

Search this Thread