Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Can't find parts

12-16-07, 11:07 AM   #1  
Can't find parts

Hi everyone, I have an older Noma snowblower (model# E2450000) I picked up used that needs an auger belt and a scraper bar but I can't seem to find any parts sources. Does anyone have a link to one?

The other question I have is, most places want to know what year it was made but I don't have the owners manual and the production date is not on the ID tag with the model number and serial number. Is there any other way to determine the model year?

Thanks in advance, Rob

Sponsored Links

NH

12-16-07, 01:53 PM   #2  
Rob,
The belt is no problem. Take off the old 1 and take it down to your local Auto Parts store. They can match it up. NAPA carries heavy duty lawn equipment belts.
The scraper blade is a bit tougher as Murray went bankrupt in 2001. Briggs & Stratton bought them in the bankrupcy auction.
You can try this site:
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/searchdb2.cfm

CO

12-16-07, 03:59 PM   #3  
Murray

The auger belt number is 3526MA and the scraper blade is part number 578147E701MA both still available at any Murray dealer. You can find parts lookup at:

http://www.partsandservice.com

Click on search by make and model number and select Murray and than snowthrowers.

AJ

12-17-07, 08:29 PM   #4  
Thanks for the info guys. I followed the links provided and found a local store that should be able to help, I'll try tomorrow.

12-21-08, 01:26 PM   #5  
Snowthrowe auger belts..

I would like to thank this forum for allowing me to finish snowblowing my driveway. I have an older model Noma E2450000 snowthrower. The Auger belt needed to be replaced because it stretched out over the years and was not turning the blade. I went to Home Depot and then Lowes, neither had my Auger belt. I then went online and read this forum. It said try Napa or a automotive superstore. I tried Advanced Autoparts. They took my old belt and in 5 minutes had a replacement. I went home and put belt on...works like a charm. Thank you again.

mikewilldoitBeer 4U2Beer 4U2Beer 4U2

Search this Thread