Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman Snowblower

OH

12-18-07, 10:47 PM   #1  
Craftsman Snowblower

I was given a older Craftsman snowblower and I don't know anything about it. The Mod # is C459 52254 and the Ser# is 493346. I can't find any #'s on the engine, someone painted it. I tried to run the #s though the Sears site but it came up with nothing. The governor does not work so I might need some parts and I need to know what I have. This is a great site and I just spent 2 hr looking at the fourms. Thanks Denny

Sponsored Links

NY

12-19-07, 02:13 AM   #2  
Were you told it was a Craftsman or do you know it is a Craftsman? To my knowledge, ALL Sears products contain a model number that will contain three digits, dot, five to six digits (XXX.XXXXXX). Typical Craftsman thrower models would be 536.xxxxxx or 502.xxxxxx or 247.xxxxxx, do you see anything with these numbers and if so what is this number? As for engine identification, scrape through the applied paint and find the numbers we need, they will be on the blower shroud either on top of such in the vicinity of the spark plug or just below where the carburetor mounts but in either case, again, on the blower shroud. Can you post a few pictures of the machine so we can have a look at what you have?

Search this Thread