Snowblower moving very slowly

Old 12-22-07, 07:09 PM
Snowblower moving very slowly

I have about a 7 year old Craftsman 7.75 HP snow blower. This year it started moving very sloowly and with little power. I sometimes have to push the thing when before it would litterlayy pull me along the slipery driveway. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-07, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by 19rafael63 View Post
I have about a 7 year old Craftsman 7.75 HP snow blower. This year it started moving very sloowly and with little power. I sometimes have to push the thing when before it would litterlayy pull me along the slipery driveway. Any suggestions?
Not sure how yours is adjusted, but when you engage the drive, you are pulling a pulley down and putting tension on the drive belt. If you belt is 7 years old, you may need a new belt, or adjust the cable going to the pulley. The belts are not all that hard to replace usually, and cost no more than $15.

Old 12-23-07, 01:00 PM
Does the hand control to engage the drive go down to a lever on the back of the snowblower and attach with a spring?

If so disconnect the spring from the lever, then slide the spring up the rod, exposing an adjustment nut underneath.

Run the nut up the rod a few more turns to put more tension on the spring and the snow blower should take right off. I just repaired one like this yesterday, but it wasn't a craftsmen so I'm not sure if your setup is like this or not.

Good Luck!

Old 12-25-07, 04:43 AM
____Brandon and refury, Thanks both for your reply. I will take a look and post a reply when I find out what works as a fix. Hoping simple nut turns wil do the trick!

Old 12-25-07, 09:56 PM
If the adjustments don't work for you, take a good look @ the friction wheel. They can wear & still look good if you don't know how thick the origional one was!!