5hp. Briggs No-start / With Carb Prime

Old 12-24-07, 05:20 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
5hp. Briggs No-start / With Carb Prime

Hello There, I Have A Unique Problem With My 1980 5hp. Snowblower. The Only Way It Will Start Is With A Direct Fuel Shot In The Spark Plug Hole. Then, When It's Running, If I Try To Give It More Throttle It Will Die, Acting As If It Were Starving For Fuel. The Tank Is 3/4 Full With Fresh Fuel. I Have Great Ignition Spark With A Disconnected Kill Switch, So It's Not An Electrical Problem. Please Advise, Asap. Thank You, All For Your Solutions. Jim

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-07, 05:42 AM
Sounds like you need to disassemble carb and gas tank and give them a good cleaning. 5hp this old probably has the vacu-jet type carb mounted on top of the tank, (I'm guessing) which is easy to re-kit.
hope this helps,
thanks,

Old 12-24-07, 09:05 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by GlenM View Post
Sounds like you need to disassemble carb and gas tank and give them a good cleaning. 5hp this old probably has the vacu-jet type carb mounted on top of the tank, (I'm guessing) which is easy to re-kit.
hope this helps,
thanks,
No, I believe it's the fuel pump diaphram. Any other ideas?

Old 12-24-07, 09:17 AM
There are a lot of 5hp Briggs post the engine Model, Type and Code numbers from the engine shroud just above the spark plug and someone will help. Have a good one. Geo