Ariens Snowblower

Old 12-25-07, 07:03 AM
Ariens Snowblower

Hello, Happy Holidays!

I have an Ariens snowblower Model 910962 ST724 7HP 24" cut Ser. # 011475 and I'm trying to replace the right wheel support bracket.

I have looked on Airens Radar Parts diagrams and it's not clear how to remove the right axle. The left side is fine.

I have removed the roll pin from the axle on the right side but I still for the life of me can't figure out how to remove the axle so I can slip the new bracket on.

Would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks again and have a great holiday!

Carl

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-07, 09:00 AM
Carl,

The axle is a 2 piece splines axle. Looking at from the rear you need to remove roll pin on right wheel. If you do not have locking differential, remove roll pin next to the sprocket and then you can pull axles apart. If you have differential you need to remove the roll pin holding that on as well. Each end of the axle go 1/2 way into the sprocket from either side.

Good luck, only a 10 minute job.

Old 12-25-07, 06:07 PM
Ariens Snowblower

Happy Holidays!

Yes, I have a locking differential. I have the roll pin out at the right axle. Now what do I need to do to the left axle again?

I assume the wheel has to come off or does it? Where is the pin that will allow me to seperate the axle. There are two gears on the left side.

Thanks for your help!

Carl

Old 12-26-07, 07:02 PM
Remove wheel on side differential is on. Now Remove roll pin holding differential on. Once this pin is out you will be able to separate axle. Grab hub that wheel was bolted to and pull. It is only about 6" long. The other axle tappers down after it passes through sprocket and inserts into this side. Once you remove sprocket will fall so watch out.

Good luck

Old 12-27-07, 01:10 PM
Mission Accomplished

I want to thank the "smallengineguy" for your support. Job is complete and it's waiting for the next storm.

Again, Thanks and have a great New Years!

Carl

Search this Thread