suzuki se2500 auto electrician needed

Old 12-29-07, 09:14 PM
suzuki se2500 auto electrician needed

hi this is 2nd post today sorry but i need help, i ripped open the carby, head & ignition: have good spark petrol to carby , but it does not start ????
do these have a overload protection fuse or switch or a condensor / compasitor thing??? if so how do i test it , i know with a honda there is a stop wire if your low on oil it cut,s out the motor to stop it from blowing up ,is there something like these on the suzuki if you have the time & knowledge
please help
thanks lorry

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-07, 08:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I am not familiar with that unit, or suzuki engines for that matter. I'm not sure it's a unit available in the states or not. (I assume you're from the UK?).

Overload and low-oil switches will kill the ignition. The fact that you have spark tells me that a switch is probably not the cause of your problem. If you have sufficient spark and fuel, then I would check for compression next. Does it have compression?

Old 12-31-07, 12:07 AM
compression to gennie

hi i live in australia & the suzuki is made in japan it is a older model generator when i pull the spark plug from head & pull there is heaps of compression i checked the piston for slap while i had the head off & its tight as , so i really dont know where to start now iv done the basic,s :
i have a idea i am getting into a area i have no knowlege about there is the hight tensile plug lead coming from the transformer & two other wire,s going to a compasitor/reisistor ??? box whick i think is my problem but i dont know how to check these i have a ac/dc multimeter but i got no idea on how they work ??? so if you know can you help : cheers & happy new year lorry

Old 12-31-07, 05:57 AM
I'd suggest looking on the unit to find manufacturer name, model, and serial numbers. With this information we can look up diagrams and schematics and try to get an idea of what you're working on and might be able to better help you. If an engine does not run and has Compression, Air + Fuel, and Spark then its not getting enough of one of those three. Is the spark blue or yellow?

Old 12-31-07, 11:57 AM
suzuki generator not firing maybe electrical ???

hi legal V8 , mate i have the same thoughts with the three main factor,s air, fuel & spark which is blue by the way
& have thoughly gone over it a dozen time,s every thing is as it should be. i meant even with the can of start ya ******* i should get a least a splutter but nothing ??? which is why i posted the threads i am goin to google but the only number i can find is the se2500 on the end of the transformer/power supply 240vlt
thanks for your time & happy new year lorry

Old 12-31-07, 12:19 PM
I am at a loss about your machine. I would guess somewhere you can't see has to be a model or serial number for the engine itself. Most often, Gensets and other power tools have mod/ser numbers on the engine and the tool it powers but I suppose if you did not buy this new, the sticker we're looking for may be gone. The only thing that is coming to mind that would prevent it from running is perhaps a valve is sticking open a little but even then that wouldn't explain it having heaps of compression. I am just not sure what to tell you mate..