Mice in my Ariens

Old 12-30-07, 08:45 PM
Mice in my Ariens

I have had my ariens for about 5 years, not much use. Today I just wanted to check the rubber on the disk. When I tipped the machine vertical and took the bottom plate off, holy crap, there was a nest about a foot square. It was like mixed fibers and cloth. Some of it was wrapped around the axle and around then disk shaft. I store it in a shed in the summer and keep it in the garage in the winter. I don't know how long they were in there because that was the first time I took the plate off. I cleaned it all up, greased the shaft and cleaned the disk with brake cleaner. good to go

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-07, 06:13 AM
I am surpised when I drop the covers if there IS NOT a nest under there, Very common. Pulled a mouse out from under the flywheel the other day, got caught between magnets and coil when it started.

Old 10-19-08, 05:30 AM
Mice!!!

They love to nest in the shrouded area of the cooling fins. I have put 1/4" mesh where I could and put several moth balls on the engine as close to the area as I can. They seem to love the plug wire insulation on my Rototiller and Snowblower.