go-kart not starting

Old 01-18-08, 09:32 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
go-kart not starting

i have a go-kart wit a tecumpshe honduro on it. was running fine and then one day i went to start it up. pulled the start up fired up for about 3 seconds than died. then wouldnt start at all unless i let it sit for about 20 min but still would die after 3 seconds. now it doenst start at all. i checked the carb. just got the kart but the carb looks pretty new with absolutely no gunk in it. its a float bowl and when i unscrewed it fromt he bottom, gas came out so the carb is gettin gas. it is gettin a spark and when i take the spark plug off and dump gass in the spark plug hole, it will fire up but then die after 3 seconds. it obviously isnt gettin gas but i dunno where it is goin wrong. thanks for the help

Old 01-18-08, 10:20 AM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
Here we go;
Clamp off the fuel line, remove the carb bowl, release the clamp to see if you have good fuel flow to the carb, raise the float to see that it shuts off the flow with minimal pressure, clean the junk from the bowl, clean the bowl nut, 2 holes close to the bottom and a tiny one about midway up(I usually use the wire from a twist tie), spray all holes, cracks and crevases with brake parts cleaner, reassemble and you should be good to go. If this didn't work it will be probably be necessary to rebuild the carb. If I missed something one of the real mechanics will post to help further. Refer to the photo below. Have a good one . Geo
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...c_bowl_nut.jpg

Old 01-18-08, 10:50 AM
F
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
if after all that fuel is fine i would suspect the coil. sense its a Tecumseh its a common failure

Old 01-19-08, 12:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
If it fires up with gas poured in the plug hole, it's not the coil. I don't see that many coil failures on tecumseh...do you flirty1?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: