Automatic Oiler device not working

Old 01-19-08, 08:49 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Automatic Oiler device not working

I have a McCulloch chain saw model number CS 38 EM. For some reason it is not getting oil to the chain. I have looked this subject up in the user manual and it says there is no adjustment for this. What do you suggest I do to fix this problem?

Old 01-19-08, 09:10 AM
I don't know that saw BUT......You might try simply opening the oil tank,finding the oil filter on the end of the oil line and cleaning or replacing it.
Also with the bar & chain off,blow air into the line (NOT HARD) to see if it's clogged.

Old 01-19-08, 09:14 AM
G
I would first remove the bar and chain and, using compressed air, blow the bar clean, i.e., starting at the nose go down the rails on each side, then blow the debris out the holes on side of bar where the oil enters from the case, then check the oil exit hole from the case to make sure it's not clogged. Reinstall bar and chain and run to see if this was the problem.
If this doesn't work, we can go on from there with other checks.
Let us know,
Thanks,

Old 01-19-08, 11:47 AM
Oil not getting to chain

I emptied the oil tank. There is a tube inside the tank that seems to be connected on both ends internally. I can not see a way to get to any filter inside the tank. I do not have a source of compressed air so I can not blow anything out. I took off the chain and bar. There does not seem to be any hole or tube to deliver oil to the bar. Is there some place where I can get a diagram of how the automatic oil device is constructed.

Old 01-19-08, 03:38 PM
G
We need to clean the oil delivery path, you can use WD-40 to clean the oil entry points on the bar, and use a shopvac to remove all the wood dust/chips from the case. The case will have a shallow well with the oil exit hole adjacent to the bar hole when the bar's installed.
Ordertree.com has parts list/diagrams of Mcculloch saws but couldn't find your model. Taiwan Jeng Feng bot Mcc Oct '99, MTD got usa parts distribution mid 2003.
After you get case and bar clean, you could start engine w/o bar to see if oil is expelled.
thanks,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: