snapper 3201 snowblower won't start

Old 01-20-08, 03:12 PM
snapper 3201 snowblower won't start

The snowblower is at least 10 years old. I've put new gas/oil mixture in. The pull start doesn't work. The engine won't turn over. A few times I've been able to get some black smoke to come out of the exhaust, but that's it. I tried putting starter fluid on the end of the spark plug (which is new, btw). I know it would work better to spray it in the air intake or in the carburetor, but I'm not even sure how to access the carburetor on this model.

What's my next move?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-08, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=chestertheclown;1298849]The snowblower is at least 10 years old. I've put new gas/oil mixture in. The pull start doesn't work. The engine won't turn over. A few times I've been able to get some black smoke to come out of the exhaust, but that's it.QUOTE] If the pull start doesn't work, & the engine won't turn over, I would think the engine is siezed, however, you also said you had black smoke??? Give us some engine numbers & let us know if the engine crankshaft rotates, but doesen't start. You're post is kinda confusing me....Roger

Old 01-20-08, 08:10 PM
you said [quote=A few times I've been able to get some black smoke to come out of the exhaust, but that's it.QUOTE] which leads me to beleive that it is firing the spark plug.I'd say that your snowthrower has fuel problems,as you think.

I think that this well answer your question as to where to look for the carb.

goto snapper website http://public.snapper.com/Manuals/manuals/06024.pdf for seeing how for take the fiber glass shell from around the engine.

AND
goto Briggs&Stratton site
http://www.briggsandstratton.com/pdf...100/MS7560.pdf
for a IPL of your engine.

hope this halps a little

Old 01-21-08, 09:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Try starting fuid in the plug hole (you won't get enough on the end of the plug to make a difference). I'd be willing to bet it has carb problems, among other things.