troy-bilt snow blower

Old 01-22-08, 01:30 PM
troy-bilt snow blower

I have a question on a 10 horse troybilt snow blower. Was using it this morning and the drive wheels stopped. took off the top belt cover first to check for a broken belt. belts are ok. when I squeeze the beater handle the idler wheel moves over, tightens the belt and they work fine. when I squeeze the drive handle the idler pulley does not move. when I took off the bottom cover a spring fell out. looking at the idler pulley I see a smaller spring hooked on the idler pulley bolt but the other end of the spring is broke off. I cant see where either of these two springs are supposed to be hooked up. the wheels are driven by a friction plate coming in contact with a rubber wheel. can anyone out there help?? e mail is [email protected] thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-08, 02:19 PM
post your model# and year and we can look it up for you

Old 01-23-08, 07:44 AM
hoppy50680

sorry for not including the most important info.
troy-bilt two stage snowthrower, bought in 1996, model number 42012---10 HP, 26" auger, ser. number 0202104

Old 01-24-08, 11:23 AM
fixed

I made a couple S hooks out of an old coat hanger and attatched the two springs where I thought they might go and it now works. have ordered new parts but I think this temporary fix will last for this Winter.

Search this Thread